About the Series – Historical
This page is historical and describes the series for the 2018/19 and 2019/2020 season. The format has now changed.
Challenge yourself and other club members in the Singletrack Gold Segment Series!
In addition to all the mountain biking events that the Christchurch Singletrack Club organises, in 2018-19 we initiated this Strava-based series where we have set up 10 specific segments for you to complete in your own time.
Hill climbs, sprints and XC segments to race against the clock!
Monthly and annual leaderboards will be displayed on this website. Awards will be given at the end-of-season AGM.
How to participate
- Join (www.strava.com). Free!
- Join the Christchurch Singletrack Club within Strava. Also free (sweet! – more money to spend on the bike). Ensure your Privacy Control (under Settings) is set to ‘Everyone’ for your Activities.
- There are 10 segments (3 x climb, 4 x XC*, 3 x sprint). Find descriptions and links to each on the Segment page. If using the website (not the app) you can search for them using Explore/Segment Search with keywords ‘Singletrack Gold Segment Series‘.
NB: A few of the trails have changed since 2018/19 – please check the latest details.
- Go ride! Record your effort using a smartphone app or your favourite GPS device and upload to Strava.
- At the end of each month, we will take a snapshot of the Strava leaderboard and the top male and top female within the club will be announced as that month’s winners.
- The overall season winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the Club AGM.
Some Rules and Guidelines
- You must upload your effort before 11pm on the last day of the month for it to be included in that month’s leaderboard and medal tally.
- To be eligible for annual awards, you must be in the Strava Christchurch Singletrack Club group (otherwise we may not see your efforts), AND a financial member of Christchurch Singletrack Club.
- Competition runs from 1st September to end of June the following year.
- Winners’ segments will be checked for correct routing (please don’t cheat!).
- To keep the competition fair: e-bikes are not permitted.
- Respect track closures and land restrictions (e.g. lambing season). To avoid disappointment, check Track Status before heading out. If you are found to have ridden on a closed track, your time may be disallowed.
- Be considerate of other trail users. Follow the Mountain Bikers Code. Yield to ascending riders.
- If you’ve set a time, but it doesn’t seem to be recognised, message us via the Facebook page, including a link to your Strava activity. We’ll review and add you to the club leaderboard manually.
Above all – have FUN!
Send us feedback or chat with your fellow competitors over on our Facebook page.